Translate

Monday, June 22, 2015

What kind of writer are you? The Blogger

The Blogger - what a fantastic way to reach a vast audience, that is, if you can figure out how to get your blog out there and easily accessible.  The first step, however, is to find the right platform for your blog.  As you noticed, I am using Google Blogger, because it was one of the most popular ones when I started my blog last year.

The ratings now show that Blogger is all but dead.  I think it might be time to switch to another more popular platform in the near future.  More popular platforms that are actually monitored and improved upon regularly are:  A Quick Primer, Wordpress (always one of the best), Squarespace, Posthaven and Ghost, just to mention a few.

But what is blogging all about?  Basically anything you want to write about that tickles your fancy, can be included in your blog.  The main thing is to make it interesting and be passionate about what you write.  Also, be sure to have a basic knowledge of your topics, because there is nothing worse than rambling on about something, and having a complete stranger challenge your information.  Not only does this make your blog ineffective, it can be quite embarrassing as well.

My blogs are divided into a few main topics that I enjoy writing about.  Writing of course, and also Politics, Mexico and Canada.  You can never write enough about politics, and because the news always contains different political issues, there is a never-ending supply of material for me to blog about.

My main concern, however, about my blogs is trying to determine how to reach an audience.  I don't just want friends to read my blogs, I want the WORLD to read them.  Unfortunately, I haven't discovered just how to accomplish this yet.  Perhaps it has something to do with my blog title, perhaps the titles of my individual posts;  whatever it is, it seems to be hit and miss for me.  I will write a blog one day on a certain topic, and get one view;  then the next day I'll blog on the same topic and get 100 views.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

Now that my boat has been repaired and I have no plans for taking any immediate yachting trips, I just might be able to blog more often.  The last, and final, chapter in this series is The Novelist.  Coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment