Translate

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Enough blogs on politics....

I brought my old Blackberry Bold 9900 to Mexico this year.  My plan was to sell it here and switch to iPhones when I got back to Canada next spring.  I decided against it, and instead found a site to unlock it so I can use it in Mexico.  I found a site called freemyblackberry.com and gave it a try.  My model was one of the lucky ones that could be unlocked free (in 48 hours) or if I wanted, I could pay a whopping $3.00 Cdn and unlock it immediately.

Because I'm retired and on a fixed income, I decided to try the free option.  As promised, today my phone was unlocked, I installed my Mexican SIM card from my Motorola, and voila; my phone is unlocked.  I now think I'll keep it as my permanent Mexican cell, and now have my Motorola as a spare for my daughter when she visits.  In Mexico, you can purchase a new SIM card for about 200 pesos to activate your phone and get a 200 peso credit to boot.  200 pesos will give you about 200 text messages, free incoming calls, and for local calls about 2 pesos a minute.  Almost free...

Not that many people have Blackberry's anymore, but still a very useful site if your phone is paid for and you travel to other countries.  Now to re-program all my Mexican contacts into my BB....

http://freemyblackberry.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment