Translate

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Ebola.

Here is a link to the WHO (World Health Organization) site that gives a very good history of the Ebola virus.  How it started, how it is transmitted and how to protect yourself from coming in contact with, and contracting it.

Ebola Virus Disease

As of today, October 11, 2014, Ebola has only surfaced in Dallas, Texas.  Canada has no reported cases, and the chances of an infected person arriving in Canada is relatively slim.  That being said, if high risk potential carriers of the disease arriving from West Africa are not discovered and stopped in the USA, they could potentially be able to carry on to Canada.  Hopefully the disease has been stopped in it's tracks in Dallas.

I have to travel through the USA over the next few months, and I will sure be careful what I touch and who I come in contact with at the airports.  Scary.  I think I'll stay away from West Africa for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment