Translate

Thursday, June 12, 2014

About time I blogged again...

I just returned from a 12 day visit with my mom, who had a mild stroke, in Creston BC.  I decided to try to travel through the USA on the way there, and thought it might be faster and cheaper.  No way.

I drove from Port Alberni to Victoria and took the Washington State Ferry (make a reservation if you plan on using this ferry), took an hour to clear customs in Anacortes and then drove a half hour to a friends in Bellingham.  Stayed a couple of days and then drove across Washington State via north Seattle.  I took the I-5 south to Seattle and then headed west on the I-90.  By the time all was said and done, the driving trip took approx. 16 hours, and the cost was about $250.00

On the way home, I traveled through southern BC via the Okanagan and went through towns such as Castlegar, Grand Forks, Osoyoos, Princeton and Hope - then finally caught the ferry in North Vancouver to Nanaimo.  The total trip took 12 hours and cost about $175.00.  Weird, for some reason I thought it would be faster and cheaper (with lower fuel prices in the USA) to go through Washington State.

Mom is doing fine, and had a minor stroke only.  She is now taking her high blood pressure medication again, and only suffered very minor damage.  The doctors said it could have been much worse.  Anyway, I'll try to blog more often now that I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment