Translate

Friday, April 25, 2014

I have a long term memory for companies that have ticked me off...

It all started with The Bay about 40 years ago.  Yes, that's right, I haven't shopped at the Bay for 40 years.  Not only that, but I have probably told my 'Bay' story to at least 100 people since the time of the incident.  I won't go into details, but suffice to say, the Bay's credit department refused to allow me to use my credit card to buy a $20.00 pair of jeans minutes after I had spent $3,000.00 cash on a mink coat for my wife for Christmas.

I will probably never buy anything in the Bay again, but now I have a new target on my list.  It is a little business called 'LG'.  I purchased a new LG cell phone for my daughter a few years ago, and as I watched her use the touch screen to enter a text (it was one of the first touch screen cell phones at the time), the screen immediately almost completely cracked.  The phone wasn't more than a week old.

We went to our local provider, Telus, and they instructed us that it was now a warranty issue and we would have to deal directly with LG.  They gave us a toll-free number, and we immediately called.  We were told by a very rude employee that we must have damaged the phone ourselves, and they would not honor any kind of warranty at all.  Unfortunately the telephone still worked somewhat, so my daughter used the telephone in it's broken state for another year.

After that, she wanted another model of LG cell phone, but no, I refused to buy another phone from them.  I have also refused to buy any other electronic product from them.

They may not be the only company out there that doesn't back up the products they sell, but they are one that has treated me badly.  I will never buy an LG product again.  It is weird though, they are everywhere down here in Mexico.  Oh well, I've told my new landlord here just what I think about them.  Up yours LG.

No comments:

Post a Comment