Translate

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What is True Love anyway, and can we find it???

This is a question that I've been searching for the answer to for almost 62 years.  After two marriages/divorces and a few other true loves (and some not so true), I'm still searching.  Maybe this topic has been on my mind more recently as a result of Valentines Day.  With all the quotes on Facebook and everywhere else from very thoughtful and insightful poets and authors, it's made me think more about this question.

Even though I haven't yet found the love I'm looking for, and even though I'm one of those people that swear that I'll never get married again (never say never), deep down I think I am like almost everyone else and still searching for my soul mate.  What is a soul mate to me?  Well to me, it's someone that I can feel absolutely comfortable with and who supports me as much as I support them.  I don't know about the saying that opposites attract or finding someone that has similar interests works best; I think love involves many different factors to work successfully together.

I have been single since my last serious relationship almost 15 years ago, and I truly believe that I would rather be a little lonely at times by myself rather than be in a relationship that isn't working and fighting with my mate. Maybe I'm getting cynical or selfish in my old age, but I am truly enjoying life by myself more at this time than I ever have.

This is not to say that I have given up on finding true love, but I think I has postponed it temporarily.  This attitude may, in fact, deter me from finding it, but at least I'm reserved to the idea of being single for the time being.  I guess my search is continuing in my sub-conscious but not aggressively.  Let's see if I agree with this post a few months/years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment