Translate

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The new improved 'Robocop' - My Personal Movie Review

A group of us went to the theatre here in Mexico last night to catch the English version of this updated, new and improved movie.  I must say I came away slightly disappointed as did my Mexican friends.  It was apparently supposed to be an action movie, but it seemed to miss many opportunities to provide just that.  The special effects were improved over the original version thank goodness, but that was all that was.  The visuals of the remaining parts of Robocop's living body were very unrealistic to me.  Maybe this scientific factor is way beyond the ability of my little mind to comprehend.

Oh, and more than a half hour of commercials and trailers before the movie (which included one movie trailer twice) was a little much.  Cinemex, smarten up...

The acting was good, and the screenplay was passable, but thank goodness we went on two for one Wednesday.  I give it a 3 1/2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment