Translate

Friday, February 21, 2014

I've always wanted to write books, and I can't believe I finally am..

My first book has now been self-published online with Smashwords, and although it took over a year and a half to write, edit, format, organize the cover and title and lastly publish; I am happy with this first book in a series of eight.  Now that I have almost completed the first draft of the second book, my newly learned skills should move the entire process along much more quickly.  Hopefully my writing will improve also.

About me - I was born almost 62 years ago in a small town in SE British Columbia and lived 12 of my first 14 years in another small town in Northern Idaho.  These books have, and will, describe many of my adventures growing up and facing some of a young boy's life challenges.

After high school, I moved to the big city of Vancouver to get a Business Degree.  After a couple of failed marriages and an almost 33 year career with the BC Government, I packed up my bags in 2011 and headed to Mexico to write my first novel.  'A Time Before Facebook' is it, and can be downloaded free on Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, Sony and Apple.  Unfortunately Amazon is charging 3.99 per book at present, but perhaps one day they will also offer it free.

I have received feedback from my editor(s) and it is positive.  Also my family thinks this first book is great, but they are slightly prejudiced.  Only one other unfamiliar face has commented, and amazingly, they are positive too.  Download a free copy and let me know what you think; either here, on my Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest - or with your favorite eBook Store.

Here is a link to the Smashwords website to download in numerous formats. 
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/387282


Oh, I forgot to mention that I have raised three children and played bass guitar in various country, blues and rock bands over the past 45 years or so.  Primarily I would love to discuss writing, and in particular my own, but would also be willing to talk about music, BC Government work, raising a family as a single father, or various other life topics.  Or not, I'll leave it up to the bloggers....

No comments:

Post a Comment